Wednesday, February 2, 2011

why is my reflection someone I don't know

Well, there's good reason for that. You see, I had the novel idea that I needed change. I'm not overly materialistic, but I do have a fondness for symbolism. So what have I done? I buzzed all 6 inches (or more, I haven't counted precisely) of the hair off of my head. And, trimmed my beard (but, who's counting). Pictures will be up tomorrow.

It's been at least 10 years since I last lost all of my hair. This seems the right time for this sort of thing. I'm my own person and I need to start making decisions because I think they're the best for me. Other's opinions have always been an issue in my decision making. This was a safe decision that most people would disagree with.

In other news, I'm going to begin my memoirs of the week I spent in Chicago with MD - it's time that I wrote them down. That week in October will always remain in my heart with a warm glow surrounding it. Through that entire week, one of my favorite quotes from the movie The Hours came to mind:

"I remember one morning getting up at dawn, there was such a sense of possibility. You know, that feeling? And I remember thinking to myself this is the beginning of happiness. This is where it starts. And of course there will always be more. It never occurred to me it wasn't the beginning. It was happiness. It was the moment. Right then."


I tried my best to live out those lines - to be in the moment and appreciate it as much as I could. Now, it seems time to recount those days and moments.

At any rate, I'm off for another evening.

Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment