Tuesday, February 15, 2011

i open myself one stitch at a time



This, my friends, is the creation of the day. In my family, we call it Chess Cake. A simple concoction made from yellow cake mix, eggs, butter, and powdered sugar, it (I'm sure you can see) yealds delicious results.

First, there's a mixture of egg and yellow cake mix:



Smash that into a 9X13" pan




mix together the liquidy goodness (I will not divulge the secret - mwahaha), and add it on top




Bake it for 50 minutes at 325, and you get the end result!





That might be the last of my cooking for a few days - time to take a bit of a break. Mom and I made the chess cake for our family Valentine's Day dinner. So many things inhabit the corners of my mind tonight. I am unsure of where to begin, or if I should even tell what is on my mind tonight. A great amount of thought remains unformed in my mind, and I do not wish to bring something forth undeveloped. I'm still working on my room - the first coat of paint is on. I'm hoping to finish up the main room tomorrow. There will be a special blog update when it's all finished! I've been documenting the entire process.

I'll leave my thoughts to stew a bit longer - take care, my friend.

Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment