Wednesday, February 9, 2011

i thought we had a little time

Well, I'm looking for a job now. Also checking out colleges. Sounds like fun, right? Also, I'm working on redecorating my room. It has largely remained unchanged since we moved in. The furnishings have moved in that time, but the paint is the same. So, I'm working on finding a new color of paint - mom and I are going on Thursday to get some. Then, it's off to painting. For now, I'm moving everything to Nate's old room and then I'll wash down the walls and fix all of the errors that have worked themselves in over the year. Odd nail holes, places where the drywall has been nicked. I'll post pics of the process.

I've been listening to the music from The Last Five Years for the past few days. I love it very much. The story is about a five year relationship. The fascinating part about it is that the man's side of the story is told from beginning to end, while the woman's side begins at the end and goes to the beginning at the same time. The music reminds me a good deal of Next to Normal. I particularly like the songs Still Hurting, Shiksa Goddess, See I'm Smiling, and If I Didn't Believe in You.


I also recently developed a great fondness for candles and incense. I've inherited a good deal of candles and I've been enjoying them. The incense was my own, side thing. It's a nice, soothing way to relax.

As far as religion goes, I'm searching again. Christianity really has me burnt out. Organized religion also hasn't done me any favors as far as peace of mind. I've mostly seen it used as a control device to indoctrinate the willing and the weak of mind/heart. I need to find my own path, make my beliefs personal. Keep an open mind and heart.

Let's take the journey together?

Sleep well, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment