Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wait it Out

Hello friend. Just made my morning coffee. Want some? 

It all starts with some tasty espresso:


Add some steamed milk and a pleasing crosshatch:


Voila! Delicious espresso creation! 


That was a hazelnut white mocha with regular mocha as a garnish on top. I love my deliciouss morning coffees, but I usually don't have time to make a latte like this. I love days off! 

It's been a busy week of work , I apologize for leaving you hanging for a bit. I always come up with great things to write about at work. Then days pass and I'm left here staring at a blank page where there should be text... ah well. 

I'm still crazily obsessed with Imogen Heap. Wait it Out plays as I write this. I love how Imogen starts her songs with a simple musical thought and slowly expands it throughout the song until it crescendos beautifully near the end. It's powerful and moving to me. In this song in particular I love the lyrics "everybody says time heals everything. But what of the wretched hollow, the endless in between... are we just going to wait it out?" So powerful to me. 

It's aching hurt that we all carry from one thing or another. A bad breakup, the words spoken to you that you'll never forget. We'll get over them sometime, but until then... what do we do in 'the one life that we've got?' Do we try to overcome these emotions and feelings, or do we just... wait it out until things get better? 

Something to talk about over coffee, I suppose. Until then, I'm off to roast some more coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment