Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I Put a Spell on You

Good evening my friend. I'm just listening to Annie Lennox's most recent album (just out!) and I'm loving it so far. I hope you understand that I'll be talking a lot about music in my blog. For goodness sakes, it's called Just Elevator Music, haha. I like to think of it as just that extra voice playing as you go from this thing to that. In turn, expressing those voices and influences that play in the background of my life.

I really like this concept, and I've been thinking about adapting it into a podast. Just a personal journal of my life. Then again, I probably wouldn't blog as often... so there is that. I guess it's just a matter of finding out what's best for me. However, until that becomes aparent, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

The fall colors here in Michigan are absolutely beautiful. I think they're just past their peak, and the leaves are really coming down now. There's something about the weather in fall I can't do without. The wind blows barely icily, the clouds start to roll lazily by and cover the sky, and the sun starts to get less intense. Taking walks through it all remains a guilty pleasure of mine. I love to sit beside a river or stream and take it all in. I watch the birds fly south, and all of the other animals begin to take refuge.

I've really enjoyed reading through my collection of HP Lovecraft. I'm a big fan of the board games Arkham Horror, Elder Sign, and Eldritch Horror which feature heavy influences from his works. This time of year is excellent for some good horror reading. In particular, I just finished The Statement of Randolph Carter the other night. Really well done, great build of suspense, excellent ending. Short but sweet.

And now, my friend, it is time for me to go to bed. I hope you have a wonderful night and day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment