Thursday, January 27, 2011

no more beginnings

I need to write. This is the conclusion I've come to. For several weeks, I've had the desire to write. There was always one pressing question: what? Would I work on one of my books? Would I write more poetry? Perhaps I should pick up that musical idea I started about Macbeth? These questions haunted me whenever I felt the need to write and I put it away from my mind.

Then it came to me: blogging. I've attempted it once before. As soon as I had the ideas written down that I needed to say, it was done. RYRS began my ventures into the unknown world of who I am. Once I had a firm idea about who I was and wrote that down, I would change. This bothered me for a good time - I was concerned about changing. I realize now that I was irritated about the wrong things. I wasn't changing as much as I was realizing myself. I want to keep figuring out things about myself.

So here I am. I don't even know what I want this to become. I just want it to be here, with me. I intend to share as much of myself as I can. I doubt I'll succeed, but I intend to do my darnedest.

No comments:

Post a Comment