Friday, January 28, 2011

i closed my eyes

Into the Woods is beginning it's last weekend - I can't wait to be done with it. It's been a great experience for me: I've learned how to knit leg warmers; do my own makeup; do old age makeup; work with certain members of the local theater community with limited success; work with amazing members of the local theater community with much greater success; and I've been able to play a great, complex character. Soon, I'll be able to store his cooky and touching story in my heart next to all of those other characters.

I have to age myself for the show - it's an interesting experience. I'll have to take photos one of these nights as I go along. I wear a white cream in my beard and I've gotten so tired of trying to get it out - now I just leave in whatever I can't get out from the initial shower because it's not worth it to go back and scrub it all out. Particularly when I realize that I'll be putting the white back in within a day's time, it gets quite disparaging.

I've picked up knitting again - it's a nice distraction backstage. I'm working on a scarf for a friend's birthday. I think it'll turn out to be a nice gift. I'll post pictures as it progresses.

I'm going to begin writing seriously soon. Practicing here will be good for me. I also intend to post several bits of anything major that I'm working on.

Take care and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment