Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Doo Be Dah

Hey there friend. Sorry that it's taken me so long to get back to this. Between podcasting, work, and several other adventures I'll write you about, it's been a busy month of January.

Work continues to go well for me, though it has gotten busier and more hectic with the passing of the days. A new position has brought increased responsibility and stress levels, but I've been trying to handle it well. A coworker and I have been reading a book called The Energy Bus, and discussing it when we can. I've really enjoyed what I've read so far, and most of all the basic principle of the book: you are the driver of your own bus. I'm in charge of my life. Yes, things may happen that are out of my control, but I have the opportunity and power to respond in a positive way.

This has really helped me deal with the hardships this winter, and turn them around to my advantage. It has also helped me take more ownership over my life. So often I make excuses about this or that - the things that weigh me down. All of the sudden dishes have piled up in the sink, the floors need to be vacuumed, and laundry has piled up and become unmanageable. Reading this book and following some of the basic principles has helped me end that destructive cycle and take ownership over the excess tasks in my life that I find so tedious.

I've been really stepping up my coffee game, trying to work on my latte art skills - I have a few photos to share with you over the next few days that demonstrate this. I hope to be able to get a good coffee grinder in the next few weeks to further up my game. My mom got me several other useful tools like a bottomless portafilter that have been helping me adjust my skills. I can notice the quality of the end product improve.

I recently got an expansion to Eldritch horror called The Mountains of Madness - I haven't gotten an opportunity to try it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I should be able to break it out tomorrow after I get a few tasks done. Another board game I love, Elder Sign, also has an expansion that should be coming out soon - I'm really looking forward to picking that up and trying it. Hopefully it'll integrate a bit easier than the Mountains of Madness expansion. I have a hard enough time beating Eldritch Horror I'm not sure how I'll do.

My sister got me a small expansion to another board game, Arkham Horror, which takes the number of expansions I have for that game up to 5. Only 3 more to go and my collection will be complete! My first playthrough with that expansion was also very exciting and memorable. From the first turn, the game had it in for me. If you enjoy Arkham Horror, I definitely recommend the King in Yellow expansion, probably my favorite so far of the smaller expansions.

Well, I think that's about all I have for tonight - stay tuned for the blizzard I had to walk through and about my impromptu trip to New York City!

Much love to you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment